Friday, November 18, 2011

Treatment of breast cancer: Surviving Chemotherapy

Chemotherapy is a word that scares most of our hearts. We have seen movies and heard horror stories subjected to this treatment difficult for a disease that could very well kill us. I quickly chemotherapy for breast cancer and I know that in some cases, cancer is not difficult, not painful does not make us sick. This is the case for most of us who have breast cancer, but not distant metastasis. But then they say we have to do chemotherapy and know you'll hear. While chemotherapy drugs have not changed much, and I'm still incredibly hard on our bodies, medication management changed. Chemotherapy, for many of us, not the show-stopper we thought it would be. Of course, everyone is different and chemotherapy drugs affect us in different ways, but in most cases, chemotherapy is certainly feasible. My breast cancer was Stage III, with a V. Eight cm tumor, 8 of 10 lymph nodes positive, and I was just 39 years. This bought me a ticket for the ride of chemotherapy. And I was afraid of my mind. But I found a support group for breast cancer online, WebMD, and women have told me to expect anything and everything. I went through four rounds of Adriamycin and cyclophosphamide. Both are quite robust to certain chemotherapy drugs breast cancer. After that, I made a controversial treatment that involves extremely high doses of cyclophosphamide, cisplatin and taxol, so I learned a little survival of the chemotherapy. First of all, I recommend you have a door. It 'a line in a vein in your chest, whose entrance is located just under the skin just below the collarbone. It requires immediate surgery to put it, but if you have a mastectomy for breast, you can get the chemo brings together. If you choose not to do this, you get chemotherapy and chemotherapy in their veins is very difficult in their veins. This means that you will probably have to endure several attempts to find a vein, over time. With the door is in a vein, all you have to do is insert the needle into the access port. If you find this annoying, there is a cream called EMLA cream can give you. One of the first things I learned was to say, when I was uncomfortable. That's all fixed. Put EMLA cream in a while 'before, it is necessary that the open door and will numb your skin. Most chemotherapy drugs for breast cancer will make your hair loss. This is because chemotherapy kills rapidly dividing cells in your body. His areas of mucosa and hair follicles are affected by it. This is why you may develop nausea or sores in the mouth or throat. Again, all this sounds scary, but it is totally controllable. As you will probably lose his hair, which can be very traumatic, I recommend you go shopping wig or hat before getting his first chemotherapy. Take a girl with you and be an adventure. Try different styles and even colors. If you've always wanted to be a blonde, this is your chance! Make a day of it and have fun with it. God knows that you need to look for that silver lining every chance you get. Also, make sure that your nausea med prescription filled before going so you have waiting for you if you need it at home. It can be quite tired after not wait until then to get these drugs. The first day of his chemotherapy, which will probably give you some steroids, intravenously or through the door, to help the nausea. This may make you hungry, you did for me! But I advise you not to eat your favorite food, the day of chemotherapy. Chemotherapy is manageable, but after you're done, you may find that you have associations. For example, I liked the smell of cucumber melon, when I went to chemotherapy. I had all cucumber melon! But until now, the smell of cucumber melon makes my stomach do a somersault just because it reminds me of a time in my life unpleasant. The same thing can happen with food. I still can not watch a chicken burrito in the eye! But I'm glad I did not eat a taco because I hate to be ruined for me! Beaucoup chemotherapy drugs for breast cancer are hard on the bladder, so be sure to drink, drink, drink. If you do not feel like drinking water and broth, gelatin, or help the pacifier. Since you have all the nausea drugs filled in advance, be sure to take as prescribed, if you think you need it or not. Chemotherapy Nausea is not any kind of nausea and is much easier to stay in front of him, instead of trying to solve the problem once it occurs. If you happen to get sick, and not stress this enough, contact your doctor! There are many, many medicines for nausea and do not feel bad just because you do chemotherapy. Once you find the right medicine for you, it will be much easier. So do not suffer in silence! The same goes for if you get sores in the mouth or throat. You must be tired of this treatment. Most of us are tired of advances in treatment, because they make our white blood cell count dropped very low. For this reason, it is a good idea to keep a little 'or something like Purell, with you at all times to use when you had to play, for example, the door handles of public toilets. The risk of infection is much higher in this period. If you lose your hair, which usually occur within 10-14 days after chemotherapy. If you have long hair, you should cut it short, in preparation. I know I felt so out of control all at this time. When the hair comes out, can go faster and in larger cities, take all your pillow and clogging of the drainage. For many women, even more traumatic than losing a breast. So I thought it was the only thing I could control this thing on breast cancer when my hair all out. I cut very short, in advance, when he began to let go, I had my husband start to cut and shave my head. My daughter helped and did a little 'crest and the band first action. This was my way of shaking his fist at this cancer could make my breasts, and this can lead in a moment my hair, but I beat to the punch! It was my way of saying: You can not take my mind! You can do the same. Breast cancer can not be defined. This is just a speed bump on his life. Wear gloves and climb into the ring. This chemo is your biggest success. Your mind is yours and that breast cancer can not touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment